Monday, August 18, 2014

Overnight work and Lane Closure Scheduled at Mission Boulevard and I-680

On Friday, August 22 beginning at midnight to 5 a.m. construction crews will be working overnight to shift the I-680 northbound on-ramp at the eastbound lanes of Mission Boulevard back to its original position. During these work hours, the northbound on-ramp and right-hand eastbound lane at Mission Boulevard and I-680 will be closed. When work is complete, traffic will be rerouted to the permanent on-ramp.

Why:   Workers are replacing and retrofitting large pipelines under the current I-680 northbound on-ramp to ensure the region has a reliable water supply following an earthquake. The construction work taking place at the original on-ramp is now complete, allowing the northbound on-ramp to be restored to its original position.

When: Friday, August 22, Midnight to 5 a.m. (Thursday night to Friday morning)
         
Where: Mission Boulevard at I-680 in Fremont

Ramp Closure Detour: Trucks will be rerouted north on Mission Boulevard to Durham Road and I-680. All other traffic heading east on Mission Boulevard will be directed to make a u-turn at Paseo Parkway. Once heading west, drivers can use the northbound on-ramp on the west side of Mission Boulevard.


The northbound on-ramp at Mission Boulevard and I-680 will be shifted back to its original position.



The temporary northbound on-ramp at Mission Boulevard and I-680 in Fremont.

No comments:

Post a Comment